Alumni of the AFI Conservatory belong to an elite and special family – they are the storytellers that entertain, educate and inspire audiences around the world.
Their talents and accomplishments are the reason the AFI Conservatory is consistently named one of the top film schools in the world.
AFI invites alumni to stay connected with their artistic family and to preserve the legacy they have helped to create.
AFI ALUMNI BENEFITS
AFI continues to be a resource for alumni after graduation through the following benefits and privileges:
- The AFI Alumni Connection is the official monthly AFI alumni e-newsletter. Be sure you are on the list to receive all alumni updates, invitations and special offers as well as share your professional achievements. To register, click here.
- Alumni receive invitations to exclusive alumni events and are given opportunities to join and participate in seminars and professional groups to continue their education.
- Alumni with current email addresses on file receive advance notice for tickets to AFI Fest screenings and galas as well as discounts on festival passes and packages.
- Alumni receive an application fee waiver when submitting a film for consideration to AFI Fest and AFI Docs.
- Alumni receive discounted rental rates for the Ted Ashley and Mark Goodson Screening Rooms on the AFI Campus.
- Alumni are extended borrowing privileges from the Louis B. Mayer Library.
For more information on these and other AFI alumni programs and benefits, email alumni@AFI.com.
In addition to official AFI events, there are other ways to connect with fellow alumni to network, find and post jobs, reconnect and meet friends:
- Be a part of the AFI alumni online community at facebook.com/AFIalumni
- AFI Alumni Google Group is a resource that alumni use to share job opportunities and events. To join, contact email@example.com and put the AFI network to work for you!
- Reel Grit is a weekly genre movie screening on the AFI Campus. Hosted on Sunday nights, the event is open to alumni and special guests. For more information, contact alumni@AFI.com.
LEND A HELPING HAND
Do you want a deeper connection to AFI and have some time and resources to commit? Consider involvement in one of the following programs:
INTERNSHIPS: PROMOTE YOUR SCHOOL
AFI Conservatory Fellows look for internships during fall, spring and summer terms. As alumni, you know first-hand the drive and work ethic of AFI Fellows. If you or someone in your company or production office can use the creative support of talented Fellows, please contact alumni@AFI.com with your internship opportunities.
ALUMNI MENTOR PROGRAM: CONNECT
Created by alumni, the program matches second year Fellows with alumni to gain the benefit of advice – professional and personal – as Fellows look toward graduation and beyond. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or receiving information regarding the Alumni Mentor Program, please contact alumni@AFI.com.
SUPPORT THE ALUMNI FUND: GIVE BACK
A non-profit organization, AFI relies on financial contributions from its alumni to support the ongoing work of the Conservatory. Alumni Fund gifts are solely designated to meet the needs of the Conservatory, from financial aid to faculty to facilities. For more information on supporting the Alumni Fund, please contact advancement@AFI.com.
*Alumni benefits are subject to change without advance notice.