Alumni of the AFI Conservatory belong to an elite and special family – they are the storytellers that entertain, educate and inspire audiences around the world.
Their talents and accomplishments are the reason the AFI Conservatory is consistently named one of the top film schools in the world.
AFI invites alumni to stay connected with their artistic family and to preserve the legacy they have helped to create.
AFI ALUMNI BENEFITS
AFI continues to be a resource for alumni after graduation through the following benefits and privileges:
- Alumni receive the AFI Alumni Connection, the official monthly AFI alumni e-newsletter, special offers, invitations to exclusive alumni events and are given opportunities to join and participate in seminars and groups.
- Alumni receive access to the AFI Backlot, an online resource for personal and professional networking and an easy way to stay connected.
- Alumni receive advance notice for tickets to screenings and galas for AFI FEST presented by Audi, as well as discounts on festival passes and packages.
- Alumni receive application fee waivers when submitting a film for consideration to AFI FEST and AFI DOCS.
- Alumni receive discounted rates for the Ted Ashley and Mark Goodson Screening Rooms on the AFI Campus.
- Alumni are extended borrowing privileges from the Louis B. Mayer Library.
Be sure we have your current contact information on file to receive these benefits, updates and invitations. For more information, email [email protected].
*Alumni benefits are subject to change without advance notice.
In addition to official AFI events, there are other ways to connect with fellow alumni to network, find and post jobs, reconnect and meet friends:
- The AFI Backlot is an online platform exclusive to the AFI community. Sign up at AFI.com/Backlot and put your AFI network to work for you!
- Be a part of the AFI Alumni Facebook community at facebook.com/AFIalumni
- Join or form a Writers Group at bit.ly/AFIWritersGroups.
- AFI Alumni Google Group is an email listserve moderated by alumni. To join, contact [email protected].
- Reel Grit is a weekly genre movie screening on the AFI Campus. Hosted on Sunday nights, the event is open to alumni and special guests. To be added to the mailing list, contact [email protected].
LEND A HELPING HAND
Do you want a deeper connection to AFI and have some time and resources to commit? Consider involvement in the following programs:
ALUMNI MENTOR PROGRAM: CONNECT
Created by alumni, the program matches Fellows with alumni to gain the benefit of advice — professional and personal — as they look toward graduation and beyond. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or receiving information regarding the Alumni Mentor Program, please contact [email protected].
AFI Conservatory Fellows look for internships during fall, spring and summer terms. As alumni, you know first-hand the drive and work ethic of AFI Fellows. If you or someone in your company or production office can use the creative support of talented Fellows, please contact [email protected] with your internship opportunities.
PROGRAM INITIATIVES: VOLUNTEER
Alumni volunteers serve as leaders in effecting the continued growth and development of AFI programs and initiatives. Volunteer opportunities include participation in applicant outreach and recruitment, script reading and evaluation, workshops, regional networks, committees and special campaigns.
SUPPORT THE ALUMNI FUND: GIVE BACK
A nonprofit organization, AFI relies on financial contributions from its alumni to support the ongoing work of the Conservatory. Gifts to the Alumni Fund provide financial aid, support faculty positions, renovate facilities and upgrade equipment. All gifts count toward participation, an important expression of alumni commitment to today's Fellows.