AFI FEST 2016 STREET BANNER EXPRESS PASS SWEEPSTAKES
2016 OFFICIAL RULES
Your Rules, Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED (RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND RHODE ISLAND NOT ELIGIBLE).
- Introduction. AFI FEST 2016 STREET BANNER EXPRESS PASS Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a sweepstakes sponsored by the American Film Institute, 2021 North Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90027 (“Sponsor”). One (1) winner will be selected for the Prize. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all entries received pursuant to these Official Rules. All applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Residents of the States of Florida, New York and Rhode Island are not eligible for the Sweepstakes.
- Timing. The Sweepstakes begins on September 22, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 30, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. PT (“Promotion Period”). The drawing of the winner will be completed by October 5, 2016 and the winner will be notified no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on October 7, 2016.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), except for the States of Florida, New York and Rhode Island, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- How to Enter. Entrants can enter by sharing a photo of their favorite AFI FEST 2016 street banner, posted on streets in Los Angeles, CA, on their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account along with the hashtag #AFIFEST, or by sending an email to [email protected] during the Promotion Period with the subject line “AFI FEST 2016 STREET BANNER EXPRESS PASS Sweepstakes Entry Request,” along with the entrant’s name, mailing address, phone number and email address in the body of the email. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the social media account or email address used to submit the entry will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a social media account/an email address by the organization responsible for assigning a social media account/email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entry constitutes acceptance of all Rules, Terms and Conditions.
- Selection of Potential Winner. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from all eligible entries received. Entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by direct message on his/her Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account or by email no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on October 7, 2016. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, the prize will be deemed returned as undeliverable. In that event, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
- Prize. The Prize for the contest is two (2) Express Passes to AFI FEST 2016. The Prize is non-transferable, and no substitution will be made. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with Prize receipt and use.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. All valid entries will have an equal chance of winning.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release. By receipt of the Prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies (the “Released Parties”) are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, including electronic mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. For all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Sponsor — in connection with the Sweepstakes — shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.
- Winner List/Official Rules. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on October 28, 2016. For the Winner List, send an email to [email protected] with subject line: AFI FEST 2016 STREET BANNER EXPRESS PASS Sweepstakes — Winner List.
- Internet/Social Media. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media or Internet provider.
- Sponsor. American Film Institute, 2021 North Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90027.